We can all agree that it would be better to work with fewer tasks at hand rather than spending a lot of time doing repetitive and strenuous office work we hate to perform. We’ve all been through manually entering data in the system, constantly checking email messages to make sure nothing was missed or manually selecting candidates for a tough job and conducting the application process step by step by step. Good thing, technology is now evolving and we were given a chance to work smarter and automate some of the business processes that will surely make our life easier. No wonder, it is through Business Process Automation that we can save hundreds of hours, thousands of dollars and millions of stress that will make us live longer. This article will give you hints on the businesses that can be automated to make your work easier and less of a hassle.
Business Process Automation (BPA) refers to the execution of recurring tasks using the new technology as a replacement for doing your work manually with so much effort. Read on to consider some of the business processes that can be automated.
- Invoice Processing – this is the process of managing invoices from arrival to payment. Without automation, a typical invoicing process includes several steps from the supplier to the buyer’s end. However, with an automated system, you just need to upload your invoice to a network which will then auto match and validate data without human intervention. Through an automated solution, you get better visibility of cash flows, faster cycle time and on-time payment.
- Order Entry – many restaurants and fast food chains like McDonalds now implement automated order entry. They have this kiosk where you can touch and pick whatever order you want. Then all you have to do is pay at the cashier and wait for your order to be served. Without automation, you have to fall in line, wait for your turn and dictate your order one by one before you savor the food you want to eat. Clear enough, it helps us save time and energy.
- Property Management Accounting – advertising your real estate business is a very tedious task and requires a lot of time. Good thing AI now offers technology which makes it a whole lot easier for property managers. We definitely know how exhausting and stressful bookkeeping can be but it can also be a walk in the park with the help of AI accounting in property management. It can manage your day-to-day bookkeeping job with utmost security. It can also maintain all your transactions, including payables and receivables and ensure accurate tax breakdown. This will allow you to focus more on your bigger real estate goals and make use of your limited time the best possible way.
- Operations Management – in dealing with operations, it is difficult to manage projects without speaking to supervisors or team leaders. With automation, software keeps track and stores all the materials, people, and action steps in any given project. For instance, when one employee finishes his task, the BPA system automatically notifies that employee that he has a new task and new deadline to meet.
- Payroll Automation – refers to the use of software to calculate paychecks and manage benefit payments for a company or community. It is evident nowadays that many businesses or even smaller ones prefer to use paperless payroll or computer software to gather employee working hours and benefits. Several web based cloud computing options are now being offered by software and service providers.
- Customer Support – the call center industry has long been practicing automated customer support which simply speeds the time to resolving several issues in one call. Customer service automation platforms like Zendesk deliver insights into the overall customer support process which allows companies to increase operational excellence.
- Recruitment Process – select applicants from anywhere using mobile recruiting apps or recruiting software. Capturing candidate data and scheduling an interview while online or offline is now made easy using automation. You’ll probably get ahead of your competitors knowing you’ve captured all pertinent candidate information in no time and away from the corners of your desk.
Given the benefits of Business Process Automation, we can therefore affirm that BPA isn’t about deleting the human element from your business but is actually about enhancing and improving it. It will primarily enable businesses to grow efficiently. It is more of an alliance between soft wares allowing them to do what they’re great at and giving your employees the liberty to use their talents for innovation in other areas of the business.
There are other several businesses that require automation aside from what I have discussed in this article. It is probably a matter of time and study who among the software and AI providers will tailor fit your company’s needs. Needless to say, the main purpose of BPA is to make our corporate life easier, stress free and revenue generating. If we don’t feel the need to automate our business, then we probably don’t aim for growth and success.
Author Bio: Katreena is a scientist and a life hack specialist. She’s authored scientific journals on biotechnology and molecular biology. To take a break from scientific journals, she puts her mind into writing about lifestyle, health, and sustainability. She strongly believes that kindness makes the world go round.